ARA Home Page
This website is a vital communications link between the Aetna Retirees Association and its members. Your ARA will use it to keep members and potential members informed about the important challenges we face in defense of our retirement benefits. We believe that we must be vigilant and involved on a number of levels if we are to succeed in our mission.
Members can play an important role in this effort by staying up to date on the issues, urging former colleagues to join ARA, and making their voices heard.
Keeping promises is the stock-in-trade of any insurance company. We look to Aetna to keep the promises it made to us.
Latest Changes to the Website
- An article on Aetna's announcing move to New York City – see News of Interest (6/17)
- Most recent issue of our newsletter – see Our Newsletter (6/17)
- Two articles on Aetna's planned move – see News of Interest (6/17)
- Don Haar's note to Aetna making the case to remain in Hartford – see News of Interest (5/17)
- Aetna summarizes its attempted acquisition of Humana – see News of Interest (4/17)
- The Resource Guide to Your Aetna Retiree Benefits was updated for 2017 (See Frequently Used Aetna Retiree Websites below) (4/17)
- Article on Aetna's reducing workforce and tightening Work-at-Home policy – see News of Interest (10/16)
- Prior issue of our newsletter – see Our Newsletter (10/16)
- Wall Street Journal editorial calls it an Aetna Mugging – see News of Interest (8/16)
Related Websites & Other Resources
Frequently Used Aetna Retiree Websites
- Aetna Retiree Connection – Aetna's most comprehensive website for retirees – get to any of the various Aetna retiree benefit websites through this site, including the sites listed below. It provides access to (i) both general and personal information on benefits (including those itemized below), such as Medicare medical & prescription drug plan details and costs, pensions, long term disability, life insurance, long-term care insurance and stock options, (ii) other resources such as the official Social Security and Medicare websites, (iii) options such as an address change, and much more.
- Aetna Navigator – Everything you need to know about your own medical, dental, and prescription drug benefits, including your Retiree Reimbursement Account, your claims and deductible status, locating providers, estimating care costs, etc.
- Aetna 401(k) Plan – Get account balances, reallocate funds, initiate withdrawals, etc. for your 401(k) plan
- Aetna Foundation Matching Grant Programs – Traditional Matching Grants (= "Personal Donations"), "Giving Campaign" et. al. (Note to first-time users: after going to retiree page on this grant site, see link at the top)